Monday, September 20, 2010

Over the Knee


knee highs
These photos are from Saturday night of NYFW. After a day of lounging around, Merl and I headed to the East Village to grab drinks with some of the other girls in town. Starr and Annie had just gotten in that day and I was really excited to meet them. It has been such a trip getting to meet all these girls in real life. I feel like I know so much about them before we actually meet. Merl and I were grabbing a quick bite around the corner from where we were all getting together when Starr and Annie walked by on their way over. We greeted each other with hugs and smiles and I couldn't help but remark to Merl after they left how strange it is to greet someone I've never actually met with such enthusiasm! Oh the wonders of the world of blogging. 
kneehighs
knee highs
Saturday night was another opportunity to hang out with the girls in a more laid back setting. It was so nice to just chat with everyone. A bunch of the girls came after the Modcloth party nearby. It ended up being myself, Merl, Annie, Starr, Mel, Annie, Tieka, and Elizabeth. Quite the snazzy crowd if you ask me. 
knee highs  knee highs
knee highs
I stepped outside of my simple is better mode for a minute and threw on some over the knee socks and velvet shorts for the night out. I figured if I was ever going to try something like this drinks with fellow minded non judging girls would certainly be the time. I had no idea if this was a look I even wanted to attempt until I tried the socks on at the store. I had seen other girls mastering the look, but I wasn't sure if it was something I could pull off. On Friday night Merl and I participated in New York Fashion's Night Out, but only for a trip to Madewell where I grabbed these shorts. I liked the idea of wearing them with the high socks, so that's exactly what happened.
knee highs
Anthropologie Top, Alexa Chung for Madewell Billie Velvet Shorts, Madewell Over the Knee Socks
Bag from Shop Ruche, Jeffrey Campbell Splendid Sandals
My Grandmother's Ring
Photos by Merl, taken on September 11th


We made a pit stop on the walk over for some night time photos. If you're ever around Merl, she gets really into taking pictures after a drink or two. 
kneehighs
I spent the weekend out of the city and the internet was low and slow so I didn't get a chance to post on Friday like I thought I would. I also had a bit of a rough day today, I know a few people commented on how thoughtful the last post was, but I'm not always so thoughtful, especially when my brain is on the fritz! I hope we can still be friends. 


signature_jane

9 comments:

Grace, Money Smart Fashion said...

i love that look on you, you have the skinniest legs-- the perfect canvas for thigh high socks!

KristiMcMurry said...

I think the over-the-knee look is great on you. And Merl did a fantastic job with the pictures!

sweetersalt said...

love the shorties! high socks scare me too, but you are rocking them. very nice!

Laura

Lea's Suitcase said...

perfect little fall transition outfit. i'd wear that too. however, it is still waaaay hot here in the south. Have a fantastic week <3

Second Skin said...

I really really love this look, like tons and tons, and I am happy that you saw the drinks night as an opportunity to try something you have been thinking about. I am Actually really digging your look in the last post so much as well though and al the things you had to saw about how we dress when no one is looking. You asked some great questions and I think my feeling are a mixture of the tone of this post and the tone of the last.I guess I feel like BLOG POSTS in general give me an opportunity to try new things since I live so freaking far away from other bloggers and would wait for eons for the opportunity to try something new, but since I will likely take photos every day, my daily wear, when no one is looking really till like sunset I guess, has become my opportunity. Does that make sense?

I really enjoyed your pictures and recap about all of the festivities last weekend and week. It sounds like it was very similar to my experience last February. Many of the same observations. I wish I had had more time to spend with Merl like you did though. She is a fascinating lady.

Also, thank you so much for the Ecard. That was so unexpected and sweet! I wish I did have a party you could come to. Maybe some day when there won't be so many things going on I will make it out to NY again for a little visit. ;) Thanks again Morgan.

Len David said...

I envy your legs! Your legs are sooooo long! :)

Kate said...

Morgan! You look amazing! I lovelovelove these socks, and love them even more on you!! You pull them off perfectly! Gorgeous, girl!

Between Laundry Days said...

I was just talking with Emily about how much I love the over-the-knee trend. This is totally great, and I'm quite inspired!

Archives said...

the lighting in these photos = AMAZING!

um, and i would not be able to take 2 steps in those awesome shoes!

 
back to top