Monday, February 14, 2011

Scenes from a Weekend : X


nyc wknd
Over the weekend I spent some much needed time in NYC. I've been getting away from the city recently and it was a welcome change of pace to stay in and act a little like a New Yorker. On Friday I went down to visit Melissa at work. We went to her place post work to set up the photo booth for the girls night Valentine's party she was throwing on Saturday. After that we headed out for an impromptu dinner in her neighborhood. It made for the perfect girls night spent gabbing over guacamole and margaritas
nyc wknd  nyc wknd
Saturday was spent lounging around my apartment, sipping on tea, getting in touch with old friends, and catching up on rest. Before I knew it, it was time to get up and get ready for Melissa's Valentines Party and dinner with some blogger friends in town. 
nyc wknd
nyc wknd
The photo booth was a complete success. It is so fun to be around a group of girls, and only girls. It really takes the pressure off and everyone is able to have fun, be giddy, and dance around without worrying about looking silly. Melissa was an amazing host. She made pink drinks, prepared some dips, and even put out fun make up for the photo-op. 
nyc wknd  nyc wknd
nyc wknd  nyc wknd
After the party I went to dinner for more girl time with some ladies who were in town for the weekend. Veronika from Tick Tock Vintage, Rachel from Mousevox Vintage, Steph from Fruit Skeletons, Mel from Idée Géniale, Meg from Don Juan's Reckless Daughter, Hannah from Heart City Vintage, and I met up for dinner at Spitzer's Corner and then spent the night on the town. I'm so glad I was able to meet up with them! It's always nice to be around bloggers because in a way we already "know" each other. It was great getting to spend more time with the girls I've already met and be introduced to some new ladies as well. Everyone was so sweet and stylish! It really made for a wonderful night out. 
nyc wknd
Sunday was a glorious day because I finally got to meet up with Terra from Stylish White Female!! We've been online friends for far too long without a proper hug. She's been scampering around the city like a madwoman with the Tumblr bloggers for Fashion Week, so it's been hard to find a moment to get together. She came up with her roommate while in NYC Sara Zucker, and we went to brunch near my apartment. The girls stopped by my place afterwards for a quick meet and greet with Lua. I had to rush off, but luckily I'll get to spend more time with Terra and Sara before the week is over! 
nyc wknd
dashmark-white
I went to my parents last night for a pre-Valentine's dinner. My Dad took my Mom and I out. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and has a lovely love day today. I plan on relaxing and treating myself to some sweets tonight. And Lua is going to get an extra big hug.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!



signature_jane

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Happy Valentine's Day lovely lady! Sending you love and hugs!! XO!

SWF_Terra said...

Homemade granola, sweet tater fries and Morgan. Hi. Late lunch was thee shit.

northwest is best said...

Awww, what a lovely weekend. Hope you had a good Valentine's with Lua!

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

yay! so glad that i got to see you. hopefully you'll be in philly on the 5th!

Luna said...

Great weekend!!!!
I like your blog, so I follow you :-)
Besos
Luna
http://pinkrockandfashion.blogspot.com/

 
back to top