Monday, August 9, 2010

World's Collide


bloggy
Merl came to town this weekend! We were very bad bloggers and these were the only pictures I was able to get. This was Sunday when I stopped by her hotel on my way out of the city. So many twist and turns happened that day. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Merl will elaborate on the story because I know she will do this day justice. The short story is I went to Brooklyn, got a flat, hung over Merl came to help, we couldn't fix it, some men came to help, they couldn't fix it, we waited hours for a tow truck, we emptied my car which was full to the brim of luggage including Lua, and waited for my dad to pick me up because my mom was in the ER getting shots because she'd gotten bitten by a bat the night before. Oh yeah and I still don't have a car.
collide  collide
Merl's outfit details are not mine to tell, but I will say she looked ravishing and is the reason we got any help with the tire in the first place. 
ie. Low cut top and hole in skirt.
collide
I also got the chance to meet Nickie of Wild as a Mink, but Sweet as Sodapop and Marissa of Dusty Rose Vintage this weekend (Nickie has some more pictures in her Flickr). It was the first time I met bloggers in real life. I have to say it was pretty amazing. I'm excited to continue the trend of meeting new people. I need to bring some more genuine people into my life. This will be good for me. 
collide
Anthropologie Shorts, Minnetonka Moccasins from DSW
Sucre Sunglasses, Tiger's Eye Earrings from Australia
Vintage Top from Mo Vintage
collide  collide
Find Merl:
I heart her. 
I'm sorry for my absence here. I promise there's a reason, I'm just trying to find the best way to talk about it. I'm still on twitter, and trying to get back to my normal blog read and comment routine. I hope you can understand. Sometimes life just creeps up on you and you need a minute to breath.

signature_jane

9 comments:

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

love the print of your skirt!!!
and the last set of photos with the dog by the iron grills are beautiful..love how the light and the shadows on the photos!

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥ 

Mikhaila said...

That's so great that you got to meet up with some fellow bloggers! I can't wait to be able to do that.

I've been noticing you haven't been around that much lately and I've missed your posts...I hope everything is ok?!

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

That sounds like an atrocius day!! Poor Lua looks so thirsty! Even the best laid plans sometimes just fail. I hope your mom is feeling ok and that your car insurance comes through and all that stuff. The way I see it, you must be bound for a change of luck pretty soon!

xoxo, ashley

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh. this is so freakin CUTEEEEEEEEE. and i love seeing u on those city streets girl!!! ur so adorable.

xo, Kim www.eatsleepwear.com

Becca [Free Honey] said...

I just had my very first blogger meet up as well. It was such a fun experience, and it was so fantastic to get to talk to someone in real life about blogging. I feel like my blog has become such a big part of me in the past couple months, and it's just good to have other people in my real life that "get" all the shop talk. Plus I think some of my friends are getting ready to punch me if I continue to incessantly mention blog things....

I'm so jealous that you got to meet up with Merl, but sorry that it was a crap day (circumstance-wise, not company-wise).

Unknown said...

You guys look great! Come visit Michigan :)

augustalolita said...

great photos!! you ladies both look lovely!! and cute dog <3

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

What a day! It always seems like when things decide to go awry, they must do it in the most dramatic way possible, no? It seems like you were able to persevere through it with grace, none the less!

I've been a horrible blog reader/commenter this week (and last). I think life is taking over for most of us!

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Aww, I lovee Merl! I met her last winter and she was so freaking sweeet. I'm so excited to meet you soon!! Eep! I hope things are going alright, girl! Email me anytime if you want! xo

 
back to top