Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bunch of Chicks

Chictopia 10, September 12th 
chictopia
Sunday was the Chictopia 10 conference. I went solo on this one because Merl had to catch a flight that morning. Lua nearly pulled me down trying to follow after her in the cab. This conference was the first time I had felt at ease at an event. I wore something that I felt really comfortable in, and nearly all the butterflies from the weekend were gone. I think my body was just telling me that it was impossible to still be nervous.
I really appreciated the set up of the Chictopia conference. The small round tables and coffee bar gave it a more intimate feeling than the traditional auditorium set up. As we walked into the event we were given a number corresponding to the table we were assigned to. I got number 3. I sat down and introduced myself to my table-mates. I realized almost instantly that I was significantly more friendly than the other people at the table. That does not happen often, but hey I was trying to socialize. As the conference began to take shape I realized that I had someone ended up seated with all the panel speakers, Helen Zhu - founder of Chictopia, Kristin Burrows - President of Keds, Cate T. Corcoan - Technology Editor Women's Wear Daily, Robin Creen - Chief Marketing Officer Kmart, etc. etc. I'm sure they were wondering who the heck I was and why was I sitting there. I have no idea. I will say that it was a great seat with a clear view of the panel. 
chictopia  chictopia
Alexa Chung for Madewell Top, JCrew Pants, Anthropologie Booties
Necklace from Tree and Kimball
Photo from Modcloth flickr - Photo from Karina


This is what I wore to the Chictopia conference. Despite what my facial expressions in these pictures may lead you to believe I had an amazing time at the conference. I didn't take any official outfit photos for two reasons. The first is because my photographer for the weekend left that morning. The second is because it was raining by the time I realized I needed to take pictures and I didn't want to drag anyone outside in that. Not to worry, I fully intend on wearing this whole outfit again very soon. 
chictopia
creepy paparazzi shot!
chictopia  chictopia
My favorite looks from the Designer Showcase
chictopia
creepy paparazzi shot!


The conference was extremely informative. Although I'll let you in on a little secret. If you were following the conference through twitter I'm sure you noticed how positive all the tweets were. That may have had a little something to do with the fact that they were live streaming them, then projecting them on the wall at the conference. So, yes the conference was a totally success in my opinion but the tweets may have been a little public pressure bias. 
After a quick trip to my apartment to let Lua out, change, and eat some dinner, I headed to the Chictopia after party at the Juicy Couture store. I honestly had no idea what to expect. It ended up being a very laid back get together. Either that or everyone was just so tired and worn out that there were no nerves left and we could all just enjoy it.  
chictopia
Annie - Me - Jenny - Lucy
Photo from Juicy Couture facebook
chictopia  chictopia
Tieka and I 
Photos courtesy of Annie 
chictopia  chictopia
Kim and I 
chictopia
It was a nice night with some lovely gals after a few very long days. This last full day conference was a great way to end the weekend. I walked away learning some new things about blogging and the community. Although not everything I learned was exclusively from the conferences. I took a lot away from chatting with fellow blogging ladies as well. 
chictopia
Lucy - Kim - Me - Tieka - Starr - Jenny - Elizabeth
That's the end of my photos from NYFW! I did get together with a few girls for BBQ last Tuesday night before they headed out of town, but I didn't take any pictures as I was just running from work to meet up with everyone.  
I'm glad that I was able to meet and get to know all the people I did over those few crazy days! It was hectic, sleep deprived, nerve wracking, exciting, thrilling, different and I am so grateful I was able to attend it all. 
So who's coming back in February?




signature_jane

7 comments:

Liza said...

This looks super fun!
I bet you had a great time meeting all the other bloggers!

xxL

Rebecca Jane said...

Sounds like an amazing time! I love your Alexa for Madewell blouse, it looks lovely

Sybil said...

aahh that's so much fun to actually see and meet those bloggers in one awesome event! :D

Animated Confessions

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I was waiting for a Chictopia review! I was such a non-joiner blogger this NYFW, maybe next one I'll get more involved? I guess I'm not much of a joiner in general...But it was very nice to meet you and Merl! I really enjoyed reading all of your coverage of the different blogvents, so thanks!!

L.D. said...

I love your outfit! And how does it feel interacting with the other bloggers? as in personally? :)

KristiMcMurry said...

That looks like SO much fun! Love both of your outfits.

Anonymous said...

Hi doll,
I think I might have subconsciously copped your style because I ended up with the same Alexa Chung polka dot shirt & the velvet shorts (which I am contemplating returning as I don't think I could pull them off as wonderfully as you did!) It was totally thrilling and strange to meet so many bloggers. I thought the Juicy party was especially fun and relaxing and I really appreciate your honest take on NYFW. I know that I felt both exhausted and exhilarated by the end of it too.

Jenny

 
back to top