Friday, July 16, 2010

From the Bay to the Ocean


surf
A typical vacation day, July 7th 2010. 
Tuesday was on and off weather wise. My mom made some delicious omelettes with tomatoes and swiss chard from her garden. Then Kev and I went into town to try a new coffee place, where I pulled up a guest post that brought me to tears. After that, we got changed and went to the bay with Lua. We paddled around on surfboards for a while and saw a cool little green bug. Lua watched impatiently while we each took a turn paddling around, but she wanted her turn. She got all the way up on the board a few times!
surf
surflua
surf
In the afternoon the sky opened up and the sun came out. We dropped Lua off at home and went to the ocean side. My Dad and Kev went out for a surf. 
surf
surf
surfkev
surf
My Dad surfing

Kev surfing gif made here

We finished out the day at the beach and then headed home to get ready for dinner. As we were heading out the door Kev got his ice cream migraine. Luckily he was able to meet us at the restaurant in time for dinner. Kev and I headed down to the beach afterwards for a sunset photo shoot with a crochet top and Coach bag from the 60's. Full outfit post coming on Monday, but I'll leave you with a little Lua teaser
lua
I also wanted to mention that yesterday Kate of O My Heart! featured me on her "I Heart Blogs" post. I'm extremely happy to be in the company of some amazing girls and was so excited that Kate thought of me! You can read more about it, and see Kate's fantastic blog here. Thanks again Kate!
o-my-heart

Well guys it's been nice pretending that blogging is my full time job. Back to reality on Monday! Have a great weekend and make sure you soak up all the summer while you can!


7 comments:

Annie, The Friendly Fox said...

Cute pictures, Morgan! I love the surfing shots. Enjoy your weekend, lady!

Sybil said...

aaaahh amazing photos!! :D

have a great weekend!

Animated Confessions

Caroline said...

What an amazing day!! And I love the photos!! I spent the day at the beach today with friends ... it was perfect! xo

Anonymous said...

congrats on being featured by Kate, you definitely deserve it!

Danielle @ Story of Style said...

These are such wonderful pictures. It makes me want to be at the beach right now (instead I'm at work...blahhhh)

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

A beetle just like that was trapped in my house last night! I climbed all over the counters and chased him around before I could catch him and set him free outside. Poor little guy!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

My gosh these pictures are so gorgeous!

 
back to top