Friday, July 30, 2010

Morning Haze


morning haze
Vacation, July 10th
Kev and I woke up at five am and headed to the beach. This is something that I've wanted to do for many summers, but have never had the motivation to get myself out of bed. I don't know if I would call myself a morning person, but I like having my mornings if that makes sense. I hate being rushed, so in the morning I like to take my time getting ready, make myself breakfast, watch the news, get ready for the day. I can never understand the people that hop out of bed and are out the door in ten minutes. That's never been me. 
morning haze
The beach was absolutely stuffed with fog that morning. There was a truck in the parking lot selling hot drinks and morning pastries. It was a pleasant surprise. Kev and I grabbed tea and headed over the dunes to the beach with Lua.
morning haze
morning haze
While this isn't something I would do everyday it was really nice to have a morning, sit at the beach, sip tea, and play with Lua.
morning haze
morning haze  morning haze
After a storm came through the weather cleared up and we spent the rest of the day at a much sunnier version of the beach. Then we went on a nice double date with some friends and over to a bar for more sunset views. It was an easy week, and I was so happy I got to spend all that time with Kev.
morning haze
morning haze
This is the last post from the vacation. I'm glad I was able to relive it these past few weeks while Kev and I weren't able to see each other. In alot of ways it was nice to come home at the end of the day and go through all the pictures we had taken together and play back our little vacation.
morning haze  morning haze
morning haze
morning haze  morning haze
morning haze
I'm heading to see Kev this coming weekend and I won't be back until Wednesday. There will be fresh new things, a few exciting things, a possibly some things I'm going to need your help with.
morning haze
I've done a few tweaks to the site, what do you think? There are still some things that I want to fix but I was just so anxious about updating the changes I couldn't wait.
Guess what else? I have a tumblr now! I'm still figuring it out, but I did post a few more pictures from this day on there. 
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

6 comments:

Mikhaila said...

I am absolutely a morning person and I love waking up, enjoying my coffee, catching up on blogs, breakfast, then finally getting ready for the day. Mornings are my favorite part of the day :)

I like the new layout too!

Lynzy said...

Absolutely stunning photographs!! I love my mornings, sun coming up with a great big cup of joe :)

xo Lynzy
http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

Carys said...

I take hours to get ready in the morning, I never understand those 'ten-minutes-people' either! These photos are so beautiful, looks like the loveliest day!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Katie*Belle said...

These photos are gorgeous! How cool that doing something out of your normal routine created such a neat experience. What great inspiration!

eat.sleep.wear. said...

ps. u and lua are too cute

xo, Kim www.eatsleepwear.com

S said...

Beautiful ethereal photographs. The beach has a certain atmosphere really early in the mornings, doesn't it? You have captured it so well in these pictures.

 
back to top