Thursday, April 22, 2010

Go Earth

Happy Earth Day! I decided to list few things that I enjoy and are good for the earth too.

Give a plant! Instead of giving people flowers that wilt and die, send them some potted plants or better yet their own set of seeds. They are minimally packaged, USDA organic, and handmade in the good ole' US of A. I've given these often for presents. I gave a bunch of the seed packets to my little cousins one Christmas and they were so excited. They now have their own garden. They were able to learn about the different plants, watch everything grow, and even make some recipes using the plants! Potting Shed Creations has so many varieties of plants there, they even have pet products. Although I would say that if you have a cat I would say be careful about getting the cat nip because they'll be on high alert/crazy mode at all times, haha. You can check if they sell Potting Shed Creations in your area here. Ordering online is so easy if you can't find any in your neck of the woods.

If you have a pet this online shop is the way to go. The customer service is so great and they are really helpful with giving suggestions on which products might be the best for your particular pets needs. They helped me find the perfect supplement for Lua and she has been great and healthy every since! The toys are all eco friendly in one way or another. I have so many things from Olive. Among them is the Olive Fur Spritzer, which I use on Lua whenever she doesn't smell particularly lady-like and she always gets complimented on her fresh lavender scent. I also have the Olive Organic Dog Blanket. Lua uses hers every night. It protects her side of the sofa from all her shedding black hair, and then I just wash it and it's good as new. 
I highly recommend checking this site out. They have a great selection of healthful and environmentally friendly products for you to stock up on. I can't say enough good things about this site! Even if you don't have a pet all their products are just so darn cute. And earth friendly too! 

My olive green kanteen. I use it everyday. That's not an exaggeration. I like to always have water available because you never know when you're going to get thirsty. A couple of years ago I heard about the Klean Kanteen's. I was never into the whole Nalgeen thing. The water always tasted plastic-y to me. I can say that there is no added taste with this Kanteen. The water just tastes very fresh. It's made of stainless steel with toxin-free materials, which is why there is no added taste to the water. That's a good thing. The body is dishwasher safer, which is so convenient. I bought one of these two Christmases ago for every member of my extended family. The green part; you're saving so many plastic water bottles from being used and discarded. At this point in time it takes a plastic bottle between 1,000 and forever years to breakdown. No dice. If you need to use plastic at least hang on to it until you find a place to recycle.
Side note: SunChips just launched their compostable chip bag!! So if you want to be green today and are ach-ing for a snack, go get yourself some SunChips (they also use solar) and call it a day. I think that's a win-win. 


You can check out National Geographic for loads of earth day information, including the History of Earth Day. OR look here for some truly inspirational Visions of Earth. Go Earth. 

Check out Sarah's Switcheroo clothes swap on her blog. If you're interested in getting some new clothes and giving some old ones away this might be the right thing for you. Oh yeah, and that's green too. 


Thank you for all the Birthday wishes yesterday!! It was a good one. Can't wait for the third installment this weekend at the vineyards! Fun, fun.
Now go do something for your earth! Happy Earth Day!

4 comments:

Mikhaila said...

Hi there! I stumbled upon your blog through someone else's and it's lovely! :)

Love the earth day ideas, I think I'm going to have to buy myself the lavender plant!

Bardot in Blue said...

beautifulllllllllll blog! just found it and I love your pics

xoxo Bardot in Blue

Move said...

beautiful photo, happy earth days too!

xxx

Brandi-Nicole said...

Love the pictures! I hope you had a good earth day!

 
back to top